Interview Tips and Tricks: HI GUYS! Simply expressing your knowledge and communication skills in an interview might not get you a job, but this list of tips I have compiled will definitely help you get a second look from the interview panel.Most people are afraid when asked to attend an interview. However, with this bag of tricks in your hand, there is no reason for you to be a fearful person any longer.
Interview tips and tricks :
1) INQUIRE ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The first thing you should do before applying for an interview is to carefully cross-check your eligibility with the requirements of the company. Research the organization thoroughly. I personally prefer setting a Google alert as this is a useful platform to get any type of information about the workplace. Google alerts provide upcoming and updated information about the type of job relevant to your education qualification. When you’re signing in with your email, then you can get latest updates that may help you gain ideas about employment in different types of organizations.
2) SOME BASIC DO’S AND DON’TS :
- Dress neatly and appear well-groomed to show you take the interview seriously.
- Memorize the exact time and place of your interview, plan the best route to take to reach on time.
- Behave politely with anyone you might meet; extract their opinions and gain information about the establishment through their attitude and approach.
- Know your position in the list if others are also being interviewed.
- Don’t become a palpitating sweat ball when facing the interview panel; resist offering a handshake unless one is offered first ? simply make eye contact greet the interviewer with a pleasant expression.
- Pay attention to the interviewer and carefully consider any answers you provide.
- Address your interviewer by title (Ms., Mr., Dr.) and last name, until invited to do otherwise.
- Patience is very important during the interview; avoid fidgeting.
- Sit straight and respond confidently and clearly.
- Give responses specifically to the interviewer?s questions.
- Do focus on your skills, positive characteristics and strengths.
- If you don’t understand a question ask politely for it to be repeated or explained if necessary.
- Be honest with yourself and exhibit a positive attitude; the interviewer is evaluating you as a potential co-worker so behaves like someone you would want to work with.
- When the interviewer concludes the interview, offer a firm handshake and make eye contact. Depart gracefully.
- After the interview, make notes right away so you don’t forget critical details.
- Don’t misbehave in front of the interviewer; avoid negative thinking in front of the interviewer.
- Avoid habits like chewing gum or smelling like smoke.
- Don’t touch your face or hair or adjust your clothing. Don’t bite your fingernails.
- Don’t falsify application materials or answers to interview questions.
- Don?t forget to carry important documents.
- Don’t use anything without the interviewer?s permission.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Make sure you do not display any extreme facial expressions.
- Don’t behave as though you would take any job or are desperate for employment.
- Don’t allow your parents or pets to accompany you.
3) Job research Yourself :
First of all, you should know what you have achieved. Look at the skills you currently possess. Search for a job that maximizes the usage of your skill set while allowing you to learn continuously.
4) Do Practices :
Practice is an essential part of the interview. Nowadays, most organizations use behavioral questions to see what type of abilities you have.
Professional skills are helpful to you and revision your required subjects. Gather some information from other articles and books as these are helpful to you in your interview. Practice is very much helpful if you can?t recall what you want to say.
5) Build a unique profile :
when the interviewer is on your side, this the best way to relax. When you have extra qualification and talent, in fact, most of them are on your side. Consider the interviewer as someone who wants you to do your best. Be friendly yet unique.
6) Be Relaxed :
Don’t allow criticism and stress to get the better of you. So always be cool and confidence. Remember what you studied and stay relaxed.